Commemoration of the 31 soldiers from Kinheim who died in the 1st World War
To commemorate the 31 soldiers from Kinheim who died in the First World War, the Kinheim community had a memorial erected in 1923, which was consecrated in a silent church blessing on 25 November 1923, after a public ceremony had been forbidden by the French occupation shortly before.
The monument, made of shell limestone, was created by the Traben-Trarbach sculptor Bernhard Wendhut and cost 67867.50 Marks. It shows St. Martin as a soldier on horseback giving half of his coat to a beggar lying on the ground.
After the Second World War, the memorial was extended and today also commemorates the 87 fallen and missing soldiers of that war. It was originally located on the other side of the church, which is why the street there is still called "Am Ehrenmal" today.
As a result of the construction of the bridge, it was later moved to its present location.