In March 1800, a major fire destroyed the double church built in 1789, which was used by Christians of both confessions together. In the years of 1824/25, the Protestant villagers built a new place of worship at the approximate site of the old church.
The believers made that possible with a lot of voluntary manual work and donations. The church was inaugurated on 9 August 1825 by the then priest Karl Theodor Werner. Like the new Catholic Church, which was completed around the same time, it was a hall building with a three-sided choir and a ridge turret. In 1860, the interior was repaired, and lateral galleries from the material of the former double church of Veldenz were added to provide further seats. During the renovation process of 1971, sculptor Klaus Rothe from Morbach designed the new altar, the baptismal font and the cross at the former place of the pulpit, which was shifted to the side.