For the minority of Protestant citizens in Cochem and the surrounding area, the foundation stone for their own church was laid in 1892 - on Oberbachstraße directly opposite the Protestant community house, where services had been held since the founding of the parish in 1846.
For the minority of Protestant citizens in Cochem and the surrounding area, the foundation stone for their own church was laid in 1892 - on Oberbachstraße directly opposite the Protestant community center, where services had been held since the founding of the community in 1846. Just one year later, the first service could be celebrated in the new church building. This was made possible mainly through the support of the Ravené family. They also awarded the design and execution contract to the Berlin architectural firm that had just completed the reconstruction of the Reichsburg. The design is adapted to the historical taste of the time. The stained glass was destroyed in an air raid in 1945. In the choir, new windows (1967) designed by Eugen Keller are worth seeing. In April 2020, a much-needed interior renovation began.