The Carmelite Church of St. Joseph in Beilstein was built in the Baroque style at the end of the 17th and beginning of the 18th century. Since the secularisation of the Carmelite monastery, the church dedicated to St. Joseph has been used as a parish church. The church has a 12th/13th century statue of Mary, venerated as the Black Madonna of Beilstein, which probably comes from Spain.
There is evidence of a first church below the castle in Beilstein in 1311, which was initially subordinate to the parish of Ellenz. Under Archbishop Balduin of Trier, the church was elevated to an independent parish and dedicated to Jesus Christ, Mary and St. Christopher. During the Reformation, the village had become Protestant, as the lords of the castle at the time, the Lords of Winneburg, had converted to the Protestant faith. After the Winneburgs died out during the Thirty Years' War, the property passed to the Barons of Metternich. As early as 1635, Baron Philipp Emmerich von Metternich, Provost of the Cathedral of Trier, settled fathers of the unshod Carmelites from Cologne in Beilstein to promote the re-Catholicisation of the village. They were initially given a building on the Moselle, today's inn Zur Burg Metternich. In 1686, the foundation stone was laid for a new monastery on the Rammerberg, which was ready for occupation in 1692. In 1691, construction of the monastery church began under the master builder David Wynant from the Augustinian canons' monastery of Springiersbach, which was consecrated in 1738 by auxiliary bishop Lothar Friedrich von Nalbach.
Service can be viewed online.