Steigerturm of the Kinheim-Kindel volunteer fire brigade inaugurated on 29 April 1928.
This tower, called the Steigerturm (climber's tower), was erected in the 1920s by the Kinheim-Kindel volunteer fire brigade.
On 19 January 1926, the local council decided that the timber needed for the construction would be provided free of charge from the community forest, whereupon the construction of the tower, which was inaugurated on 29 April 1928, could begin.
The purpose of the tower was to train the climbers to use hook ladders to climb into the upper storey of a burning building to rescue people and fight the fire.
On the map
Phone: 0049 6532 3444
Fax: 0049 65432 1499