Traumpfad Heidehimmel Volkesfeld
- start: 56745 Volkesfeld Heilquelle Volkesfeld
- destination: 56745 Volkesfeld Heilquelle Volkesfeld
- 9,28 km
- 3 hours
- 310 m
- 528 m
- 344 m
- 100 / 100
- 40 / 100
Medicinal mineral water and juniper heaths, lush meadows in bloom, fragrant heaths, tranquil forests and overwhelming panoramic views enchant the hiker. Rustic refuge huts invite the hiker to a break, a drink at the mineral spring “Sauerbrunnen” gives him refreshment.
Highlights at Traumpfad
- Volkesfeld juniper heaths with the Riethel cross
- Unspoilt Wabern Heath with its refuge hut
- Falkley View
- Florian’s Hut with its beautiful view of the Nette valley
- Medicinal mineral water spring “Sauerbrunnen”
- Panorama views
The trail starts at the car park at the spring of the medicinal mineral waters “Sauerbrunnen” on the L 83 in the Nette valley. An access road leads to the starting point at the spring. Rustic wooden steps and a soft forest footpath give the first view into the Nette valley and lead on to Volkesfeld.
There the ascent starts to the impressive Riethel cross that can be seen in the distance. The cross is bedded in fragrant juniper heath and there is a fabulous panorama view. The path gently follows the ridge and goes past the nearby development area in a wide bend along meadow paths that lead to Volkesfeld. After passing briefly through a wood and open meadows another wonderful panorama is revealed where the the K 63 is crossed. Leaving the village behind, the path continues along a soft track to a resting place.
Soon a narrow path climbs to the heights of Wabern Heath and presents unspoilt juniper bushes, brilliant gorse bushes and gnarled pine trees. The Wabern Juniper Hut has the best views in almost all directions and makes an inviting stay. Continuing through the heath the trail goes through a forest to the rock promontory “Falkley View” with its unique view of the Nette valley far below. With luck it could be possible to see wild cameroon sheep along the following stretches through forest and meadows.
A short detour (altogether 500 m) leads to the Noorkopf summit with a 270° view. Back on the trail, it descends at the edge of the field to the Florian’s Hut with its lovely view of the Nette valley. In the forest the path twists in wide bends down to the valley. At the end of the tour the medicinal “Sauerbrunnen” spring with mineral water containing iron makes an inviting, healthy refreshment before the trail ends at the hiker car park.
Safety guidance – stay safe whilst hiking on the Traumpfade/Traumpfädchen
Hikers like narrow pathways, unspoilt natural trails (leading over the forest floor, across the grass or alongside streams) and rocky climbs which lead to spectacular views. It goes without saying that particular care should be exercised when taking such routes.
Things to bear in mind when preparing for your hike
- Wear proper clothing that is appropriate to the weather conditions and that will protect you against the cold and the wet or the heat and the sun.
- Schedule suitable breaks during your hike and make sure that you conserve energy.
- Take sufficient liquids with you. Establishments selling refreshments are not available everywhere.
- When hiking on the Traumpfade, please wear appropriate hiking boots which provide a sufficient foothold on slippery, steep, rocky and uneven paths.
- If you do not feel that you are able to negotiate certain parts of the route, then you should avoid such sections or else turn back. Natural pathways may become muddy and treacherous, especially in unfavourable weather.
- In autumn in particular, please remember that leaves lying on the ground may be concealing bumps, routes, stones or holes in the path.
- You will need to expect route impairments of this kind if you are intending to undertake a hike.
- Before setting out, visit https://www.traumpfade.info/traumpfade/wege-status/ in order to find out whether the route you intend to hike is closed or whether diversions are in place. Construction works, timber felling or other disruptions may also be planned.
- Recommended hiking season: April to October
Sturdy shoes are recommended for the tour!
You can find trail closures at: https://www.traumpfade.info/traumpfade/wege-status/
Vergessen Sie nicht eine Wasserflasche zum Auffüllen für die Heilquelle "Sauerbrunnen".
A61 Exit Wehr, towards Adenau/Kempenich - B412 turn right towards Wehr/Rieden - on L114 to the left - next junction left on to K 64 through Rieden (after 500m K19) - past Waldsee to junction L 83, turn right - after approx. 300 meter left to car park Heilquelle and starting point Traumpfad
56745 Volkesfeld, hiker car park „Nettetal“ Heilquelle Volkesfeld (L 83)
56745 Volkesfeld, car park village hall (Nettestraße)
56745 Wabern, hiker car park Waberner bridge (L 83)
Destination stop: Volkesfeld, Sauerbrunnenweg
Line 820 direction Kempenich - Rieden - Mayen
- Traumpfade & Traumpfädchen Band 2: Die 19 besten Premium-Rundwanderungen in der Vordereifel, Ulrike Poller & Wolfgang Todt ISBN: 978-3-934342-61-3
- 27 Premium-Rundwege Traumpfade, Jubiläumsausgabe 10 Jahre Traumpfade, Ulrike Poller & Wolfgang Todt, ISBN: 978-3-942779-43-2
Tourist-Information Ferienregion Laacher See, Tel.: +49 (0)2636/19433, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.vulkanregion-laacher-see.de
Projektbüro Traumpfade, Tel.: +49 (0)261/108419, email@example.com, www.traumpfade.info
Traumpfade-App für iOS: App bei iTunes download
Traumpfade-App für Android: App bei Google play download
This tour is presented by: Traumpfade im Rhein-Mosel-Eifel-Land, Author: Nicole Pfeifer