- start: 56729 Bermel-Fensterseifen (Hillesheimer Straße)
- destination: 56729 Bermel-Fensterseifen (Hillesheimer Straße)
- 10,45 km
- 3 hours
- 360 m
- 554 m
- 347 m
- 100 / 100
- 40 / 100
Fiery mountains with distant views, tranquil passages through forests, sleepy valleys, meandering paths and over and over again fantastic distant views of the summits of the volcanic Eifel. The highlight is the walk around the extinct volcano Hochbermel.
Highlights at Traumpfad
- Unspoilt, silent nature
- Panorama views and viewing points far into the volcanic Eifel
- Historic Köhler Hut
- Walk around the Hochbermel volcano just below its summit
- A basalt quarry that nature has regained and overgrown
The starting point is the little idyllic Eifel village Fensterseifen. From here the trail dives through meadow landscapes full of flowers into a cool forest and going over the Schälskopf, a mini-volcano, returns to the open plain of the Heune with a distant view into the Thürelz valley. The trail follows a field path to the right, crosses a brook in a little wood, and later reveals new views over the open fields. Passing the Heunenhof the descent follows into the tranquil Thürelz brook valley. It gets even more sleepy and idyllic when it branches at a bridge into the Kimpelbach valley.
Soon it turns right into a side valley, through unspoilt mixed forest uphill to the historic Köhler Hut. The trail goes along a brook and continues further on along field and forest paths to the volcano Hochbermel. The track goes around the silent summit just below the peak and has unique views into the basalt quarry which nature has taken over again. The track goes directly along the rim of the former basalt quarry, high up on the Hochbermel. Here there are unique distant views. The descent starts over stony ground.
After a short passage along a wide forest track the trail turns left at the edge of the slope revealing an impressive view of Bermel. Returning to the main path it is possible a little later to make another detour in to the old quarry with thrilling explanations of volcanism and geological history. Afterwards the trail descends continuously along soft forest paths back to Fensterseifen.
In some passages surefootedness and a head for heights are required.
Safety guidance – stay safe whilst hiking on the Traumpfade/Traumpfädchen
Hikers like narrow pathways, unspoilt natural trails (leading over the forest floor, across the grass or alongside streams) and rocky climbs which lead to spectacular views. It goes without saying that particular care should be exercised when taking such routes.
Things to bear in mind when preparing for your hike
- Wear proper clothing that is appropriate to the weather conditions and that will protect you against the cold and the wet or the heat and the sun.
- Schedule suitable breaks during your hike and make sure that you conserve energy.
- Take sufficient liquids with you. Establishments selling refreshments are not available everywhere.
- When hiking on the Traumpfade, please wear appropriate hiking boots which provide a sufficient foothold on slippery, steep, rocky and uneven paths.
- If you do not feel that you are able to negotiate certain parts of the route, then you should avoid such sections or else turn back. Natural pathways may become muddy and treacherous, especially in unfavourable weather.
- In autumn in particular, please remember that leaves lying on the ground may be concealing bumps, routes, stones or holes in the path.
- You will need to expect route impairments of this kind if you are intending to undertake a hike.
- Before setting out, visit https://www.traumpfade.info/traumpfade/wege-status/ in order to find out whether the route you intend to hike is closed or whether diversions are in place. Construction works, timber felling or other disruptions may also be planned.
- Recommended hiking season: April to October
Sturdy shoes are recommended for the tour!
You can find trail closures at: https://www.traumpfade.info/traumpfade/wege-status/
Der Hochbermler lässt sich über eine Zuwegung mit dem Traumpfad Monrealer Ritterschlag verbinden.
A 48 Exit Laubach - L 99 towards Urmersbach - after 150m left on to K 11 towards Eppenberg/Kalenborn - right on to L 96 towards Monreal - after 2 km turn right - car park shortly before entrance to the town Fensterseifen
56729 Bermel-Fensterseifen, car park at K 8
56729 Bermel, car park sports field
Destination stop: Bermel, Abzw.
Line 377 FreizeitBus: Mayen - Kürrenberg - Nachtsheim - Boos - Bermel - Monreal - Mayen (01.04. to 01.11.)
- Traumpfade & Traumpfädchen Band 2: Die 19 besten Premium-Rundwanderungen in der Vordereifel, Ulrike Poller & Wolfgang Todt ISBN: 978-3-934342-61-3
- 27 Premium-Rundwege Traumpfade, Jubiläumsausgabe 10 Jahre Traumpfade, Ulrike Poller & Wolfgang Todt, ISBN: 978-3-942779-43-2
Touristik-Büro Vordereifel, Tel.: +49 (0)2651/800995, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.naturerlebnis-vordereifel.de
Projektbüro Traumpfade, Tel.: +49 (0)261/108419, email@example.com, www.traumpfade.info
Traumpfade-App für iOS: App bei iTunes download
Traumpfade-App für Android: App bei Google play download
This tour is presented by: Traumpfade im Rhein-Mosel-Eifel-Land, Author: Nicole Pfeifer