Traumpfad Pyrmonter Felsensteig
- start: D-56754 Roes, car park Pyrmonter Mühle (Elztal 1)
- destination: D-56754 Roes, car park Pyrmonter Mühle (Elztal 1)
- 11,36 km
- 4 hours
- 363 m
- 339 m
- 175 m
- 100 / 100
- 40 / 100
Adventurous paths and steep cliffs alternate with wide fields and beautiful views, The medieval Pyrmont castle invites the hiker to a visit, and the crowning finish is the idyllic waterfall at the Pyrmont Mill.
Highlights at Traumpfad
- Pyrmont mill with waterfall
- Sammetzkopf with summit cross
- Rock paths and meadow landscapes
- Cliffs of the Devil's Chamber
- historic castle of Pyrmont
The trail starts at the car park at the Pyrmont Mill, near the roaring waterfalls. The path follows briefly the ring road until after it has crossed the road, then it becomes a quiet forest path. Lined by magnificent gorse and hedges, a soft grassy footpath leads to a small grove, before it winds through spacious fields. Visible from a long distance, soon the cross on the Sammetzkopf appears, surrounded in spring by bright rapeseed fields. From here the hiker has a fantastic panoramic view over the region. A soft footpath leads to the nearby nature reserve at the Juckelberg, which hides true nature treasures like gnarled forest trees and magnificent flowering gorse hedges.
The Hauer refuge hut provides a short resting place before the path continues, sometimes up and sometimes down, offering now and again wonderful views, until it reaches the Elzbach. Through a wonderful alder wood, the path follows every bend of the river and passes the impressive cliffs of the "Teufelskammer" (Devil’s Chamber). From the natural idyll of the Elz valley, it is not much further to the medieval Pyrmont castle, which invites the hiker to a visit. The way continues on a marvellous path into “Kingdom of the Rocks”, with caves and steep walls covered in ivy. Afterwards the descent leads down to the Elz valley again, with terrific views of the castle. A path through the valley follows to finally reach the Pyrmont Mill, where the circular route ends.
+++In some passages surefootedness is required. The trail should not be hiked in icy conditions+++.
+++From December to March danger of flooding after heavy rain+++.
Safety guidance – stay safe whilst hiking on the Traumpfade/Traumpfädchen
Hikers like narrow pathways, unspoilt natural trails (leading over the forest floor, across the grass or alongside streams) and rocky climbs which lead to spectacular views. It goes without saying that particular care should be exercised when taking such routes.
Things to bear in mind when preparing for your hike
- Wear proper clothing that is appropriate to the weather conditions and that will protect you against the cold and the wet or the heat and the sun.
- Schedule suitable breaks during your hike and make sure that you conserve energy.
- Take sufficient liquids with you. Establishments selling refreshments are not available everywhere.
- When hiking on the Traumpfade, please wear appropriate hiking boots which provide a sufficient foothold on slippery, steep, rocky and uneven paths.
- If you do not feel that you are able to negotiate certain parts of the route, then you should avoid such sections or else turn back. Natural pathways may become muddy and treacherous, especially in unfavourable weather.
- In autumn in particular, please remember that leaves lying on the ground may be concealing bumps, routes, stones or holes in the path.
- You will need to expect route impairments of this kind if you are intending to undertake a hike.
- Before setting out, visit https://www.traumpfade.info/traumpfade/wege-status/ in order to find out whether the route you intend to hike is closed or whether diversions are in place. Construction works, timber felling or other disruptions may also be planned.
- Recommended hiking season: April to October
A 48 Exit Kaifenheim - L 109 towards Burg Pyrmont to Roes - K 27 towards Burg Pyrmont up to Pyrmonter Mühle/car park
56754 Roes, car park Pyrmonter Mühle (Elztal 1)
56754 Roes, car park Pyrmonter Mühle (Elztal 1) from here follow the guidance system
56754 Roes, car park Brückenmühle
56754 Roes, Burg Pyrmont
- Traumpfade & Traumpfädchen Band 1: Die 18 besten Premium-Rundwanderungen an Rhein und Mosel, Ulrike Poller & Wolfgang Todt ISBN: 978-3-942779-64-7
- 27 Premium-Rundwege Traumpfade, Jubiläumsausgabe 10 Jahre Traumpfade, Ulrike Poller & Wolfgang Todt, ISBN: 978-3-942779-43-2
Freizeitkarte Mosel "Maifeld und Untermosel" (1:25 000), ISBN: 978-3-944620-16-9
Traumpfade-App iOS: App iTunes download
Traumpfade-App Android: App Google play download
This tour is presented by: Traumpfade im Rhein-Mosel-Eifel-Land, Author: Nicole Pfeifer