Stay and dine like a lord or lady at this award-winning family-run establishment
When Walter and Elfriede Petry opened the Hotel-Weinhaus Petry in 1956, which had formerly been Hotel Kohlbacher and built by the their grandparents back in 1895 with eight guest rooms, no one had any idea of the success the family business would enjoy more than 60 years later.
It all began with the hiring of a young chef in March 1958. Hans Günter Bell arrived at Hotel-Weinhaus Petry and laid the foundation for today's excellent cuisine; in 1993 his son Oliver also joined the team.
But let’s go back to when it all began, when this young chef and the daughter of the house, Marlies Bell née Petry, developed a shared love of and passion for the hospitality industry. 1969 marked the start of the business’s next successful chapter. While Marlies Bell completed her apprenticeship as hotel manager, Hans-Günter Bell successfully passed his chef’s exams. The birth of their son Oliver in the same year rounded everything off perfectly.